četrtek, 10. februar 2011

Worlds Cucco, Florida and ZERO G



So many things in this week.

First of all I was waiting for a free place for the worlds as a 6th pilot. Nerve braking days ended when Flavio told me that there will be an open slot for me. I was soooo relieved, I spent last 6 months with focus on new gear and training. Now brand new gun is arriving at Aeros Winter race if it only happens to be at the first dates. If weather will push for spare dates I wont be at the comp as I have one of a kind trip to make :)

The Nokia video contest came to an end with a surprise for me. My video was chosen by the judges among around 120 entries. 8 winners will be on a plane from all around the world, including Slovenia :) to Florida Cape Canaveral. Schedule is for 2 days at Space Kennedy center where we will try the zero G flight and next day look around the space center.



This is like a dream come true for me. When I was a kid I was looking at Space shuttles and rockets via Discovery channel, always only dreaming about seeing this things live. Now I will be able to see that and even have a taste of ZERO G that is experienced in space.
Even better, I can take Nena with me... Good Valentines gift I think :) She deserves that after 6 years of "comp" holidays.

It would be pity to fly such a distance just for two days, so I hope I get the return tickets a bit later so we can annoy Jamie for few days at Florida. Carl don`t worry I wont bring her any chocolate :) only good cheese from Tolmin :D

So I go to the worlds, I go to Florida, I am afraid to ask for more, good weather next week so I can attend first competition this year in the northern hemisphere AEROS WINTER RACE

Let the fun begin :)